Saturday, July 28, 2012

I'm trying to digest Nas' new album

For the last few years I've gotten accustomed to just listening to music for instant gratification instead of actually listening. Most of the time I can do that and not think twice about it, but Channel Orange and Life is Good are both challenging albums. You gotta listen to every detail instead of waiting for the hook to come.

2011 was a stupid year for hip hop to be honest. Niggas were doing nigga shit. Big Sean, The Throne, Tyler the Creator....

On a intellectual level, 2011 was a stupid year for hip hop, I'm still trying to recoup. I'll probably do a more serious Channel Orange review when I'm ready.




But yo, Summer on Smash is a great song. There's something wrong with you blogger niggas. *ciroc splash*

No comments:

Post a Comment