Saturday, August 18, 2012

I can't listen to Kanye West anymore

It's not even that his music is bad. I just have a bad feeling when listening to his music. There's just an aura of sadness in it. Or maybe I'm crazy.

Think back to when Graduation came out, Kanye was at his commercial and critical peak. Noone could touch him, not even 50 cent. Not even his flamboyant ass album cover.

I mean seriously, this nigga had a fucking cartoon teddy bear flying in a rainbow twirl shooting out of a fucking fish's mouth. And it was awesome......homosexually awesome.

But anyways, after the loss of his fiance and mother, Kanye's music really took a dive. I WANTED to like his new music. When Love Lockdown premiered at the VMA's I WANTED to like it. But sooner or later it felt empty. To this day I still havn't heard 808's and heartbreaks in entirety. (Paraoid is my shit though)

I hear people discussing My Beautiful Long Ass Album Title and think to myself "Hey, I should listen to this album again!" The same thing always happens..

I stare at the cd case...

Open it up...

Stare at the poster/liner notes

Then put the cd case down and move on to something else.

Don't get me wrong, the album was decent, So Appalled and Monster were great but...


The album has a really depressing tone to it. I can't pinpoint it. Something's wrong with this nigga forreal. I can't listen to his new shit. He's like the childhood friend that went through a tragedy and tries to overcompensate by telling you how many girls he's fucking and how drunk he got the other night.

You don't have to front my nigga, go ahead and grieve just don't repress that shit.I feel that energy.


The shit has gotten so bad I downloaded a version of Mercy without the garbage Kanye verse....


"Now EVERYBODEH....is MOVING....they BODIES"

Nigga what the fuck? I gotta hold in my laughter while grinding on a white chick in the club when that part comes on....


Do you know how self conscious chicks my age are? Why are you doing this to me? Fairy.



But forreal, I listen to Odd Future and Esham and I don't feel uncomfortable, but new Kanye is a whole different person my nigga. It's eerie.

No comments:

Post a Comment